Steps for Responding to any COVID-19 Cases in Texas A&M University College of Engineering or Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station Facilities
STEP 1: Faculty, staff and student employees exhibiting symptoms, exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19 should:
- Stay home and practice self-isolation.
- Notify supervisor.
- Complete the COVID-19 Reporting Portal form (by selecting “self” when asked who is making this report).
STEP 2: Supervisor collects the following information and reports the factors to his or her department/division head or center director:
- Date and location of suspected employee exposure.
- Names of other campus community members who had close contact with the symptomatic/exposed/COVID-19 positive individual.
- Locations visited/worked on campus in the last three days (building and room numbers/specific locations).
- Ensure that the individual submitted relevant information via the COVID-19 Reporting Portal form (step 1). If not, immediately report any information provided by the individual through the portal by selecting “supervisor.”
- Encourage (not require) the person to seek medical attention, if they have not already done so.
- Inform the individual that a member of the Operations Center will contact them to provide them with information and resources, and to initiate contact tracing, if necessary.
- Encourage the person to fully cooperate with the Operations Center’s contact tracing efforts.
- Information should be shared with persons who had significant exposure (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more) to the affected individual, without identifying the name of the person, and any persons with significant exposure should be informed to self-isolate for 14 days unless otherwise noted.
Department/Division Head/Center Director Response
STEP 5: Close affected areas of the facility for 24 hours and notify all impacted facility occupants.
STEP 6: Notify all impacted facility occupants of the facility (affected areas) reopening after 24 hours.